How can you recognize the most common methods used for bullying and harassment?
The top 7 techniques I’ve seen are:
1. Yelling and physical threats (overt or subtle).
- There’s increased hostility, tension, selfishness, sick leave, stress-related disabilities, turn over and legal actions.
- People become isolated, do busy work with no important results and waste huge chunks of time talking about the latest episodes.
- Effort is diffused instead of aligned. Teamwork, productivity, responsibility, efficiency, creativity and taking reasonable risks decrease.
- Promotions are based on sucking up to the most difficult and nasty people, not on merit. The best people leave as soon as they can.